sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010

InterculturalITY


I come from a small city in a valley. I remember that every time somebody from another place arrived, they would become, spontaneously, the most popular person ever. I suppose this had to do with the fact that it is always fascinating to discover how others see the world.

Two language assistants shared our learning experience this year: Anna and Scott. Both were really nice and charismatic. I really enjoyed their visit since they had both this foreign appeal I have mentioned and English as their mother tongue.

I missed some of the classes with Anna but still, I profited a lot from all the information she gave us from Britian. She loves it so deeply that her presentations were passionate and detailed. She had a charming sense of humour too.

As for Scott, I admired his critical description of his country. His presentations showed his commitment. For instance, when he talked about hip-hop, he focused on the social side this music genre depicts. We learned lots about discrimination, politics and the North-American - as he did not think the term "American" was fair enough - way of life.

Both Anna and Scott appreciated our intercultural gift a lot. Surprinsingly, they were familiar with much of the cultural information we put into it. We all enjoyed the indoor picnics on their last classes as well.

All in all, I must say that the fascination foreigners inspire is sometimes justified and we had the chance to be part of two fruitful examples of juicy visits. Thanks Anna and Scott!

5 comentarios:

  1. I'm so pleased you profited from this valuable intercultural experience!
    BW
    Analía

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I have also enjoyed this intercultural experience very much... It was great to be your mate this year! all the best! Julia

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I completely agree! It was a very profitable experience for me too!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I had a very good time with both of them =)

    ResponderEliminar